Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sparkies!

Yesterday was our first week of awana after christmas break. I signed up late and so I had only been there once. While we were waiting for gametime, all the sparks were sitting on the steps trying not to squirm to much. I sat with my group at the bottom and asked them some questions about sparky. Kindergarteners crack me up, they have the best answers for stuff. Well, we went down to gametime and the kids found out that know a thing or too about the games they play. :)
Since I came late and missed handbooktime the only thing left was council time and while we were in there, this little girl named Grace who I had talked to on the stairs came up to me and asked if she could sit on my lap. She was so cute. As we were sitting there, I noticed that most of the leaders sit in the back on chairs while the kids sit on the floor. I wondered why, since at 5-day clubs we're always sitting right next to the kids. Well, Awana was great and now I'm glad my mom signed me up, but I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner.

By-the-by, this is my 40th post. :D

1 comment:

Sir Brian The Manly said...

I didn't even know what awana was until like just a few years ago. ^_^

(happy uhh...40th postness)