becca, Amber and I just got back from Pride & Prejudice.First off, I thought it an extremely well done film. It didn't drag on and it didn't go by in a flurry. The cast were all good actors and I thought it followed the book very closely, given the time frame.
I have seen the A&E production several times and when I heard they were making another version I was appauled. Who could take the places of Colin Firth and Jenifer Ehle? While I must say they did not take the place of these people, whom I will always regard as Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth, Keira Knightly (Of whom I am not particulary fond.) and Matthew MacFadyen did an excellent job.
This film had a very different feeling then the A&E and I believe it did the book credit. Mr. Colins was comical, Charlotte was plain and Mr. Bingly was as exuberent as ever. I would highly recommend this movie to all Jane Austen Fans. It is a much morepractical legnth then the 5 hours of it's predecessor. I didn't like every scene, but all in all it was a very enjoyable movie.
In short, I should not be sorry to see it again once it makes it's way to video.
One more thing. Mr. Darcy, Mr. Wickham, and Mr. Bingly weren't nearly as handsome in this one.
Friday, December 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment