Ok, This week was super tiring, but totally amazing. So don't fall asleep as I tell you all about it. =)
On Friday, becca and I headed out for camp. We were busy all day and left around 2:30pm. We arrived at 3 and were right on time. Many hugs, highfives, handshakes, and "I missed yous" later, we got on to classes. Pretty much review stuff that first day. Not a whole lot to report. I signed up for the worship team and proceeded to play Tambourine almost every night. Saturday was more review and then the "advanced track" students (myself included) got to practice wordless book face painting, which we were going to do on Sunday for kids at a street fair type thing. Well, they needed 6 volunteers to do something else instead. I raised my hand and Sunday afternoon was sitting in a van, dressed as a clown, headed to invite kids to the 5-day clubs that were happening the following day. We had a blast! The girls went one place and the guys to another. The four girls split into 2 groups and went door to door asking kids to come to club. Not many kids were about because school was just getting out, but we had fun anyway. At one point we were marching down the street singing "Onward christian soldiers" at the top of our lungs. But mostly, we just got to act silly. So much fun.
Then, the work began. =P
Sunday night was a demonstration of what we were to do on Monday for club. I did the missionary story about Mary Slessor. I was nervous. I always get so scared until I get to the club. Then, I meet the kids and I feel fantastic and I love them to death.
I was on a team with 2 other girls: Amanda and Angela. Terrific girls that I adore. They are totally awesome! We had so much fun working together and getting to know eachother better. I loved every minute.
Every night, our missionaries, the Groomes, would speak for a while and tell us about their work in the Caribbean. Amazing people. It was so cool getting to hear from them every day.
So, club. Wow, where to start. Well, on Tueday, I told the bible lesson on Mephibosheth. The reason I was chosen was because: 1. I volunteered, and 2. I was the only one on my team who could say his name. =DI was kinda bummed out though, because when I gave the invitation, no kids came back to talk to me about Jesus. Oh well, I thought. The same thing happened last year. I'll just help them grow in their faith.
The really exciting thing happened the next day when Amanda was teaching Noah. 2 little girls went back when she gave the invitation: Callista and Sara. And both of those girls accepted Jesus as their savior! It was so great and we were all crying because Callista's family is all mormons and she was so sincere when she told Amanda why she wanted and needed Jesus.
Thursday was fun. I taught the missions again. I LOVE telling missions. So much fun. It was the day where I got to talk about the hippo too. I was happy.
Friday was a sad day. We said farewell to all those precious children at our club and were practically all crying in the car on the way back to camp. friday was also a happy day though, because we did skits before club and had our banquet and awards that night. At the banquet, everyone told me I looked like Deb from Napoleon Dynamite. XD That was sweet. My parents and little brother came out for awards and cheered loudly when I went up. I missed them so much. After they went home, we had our Communion service. That is without a doubt the best part of camp. We all come together and pray and worship God and thank him for everything that happened during the week. It's so powerfull.
Last day is always sad and my binder is covered with people's names, little notes, and phone numbers. I miss them all so much already.
Well, that's my summery of the week. I might add some more to it later. I'm really tired right now. Tonight was the first night of VBS and we had to decorate our room. It's Arctic theme and it's lik 90 degrees out. It's sooo hot in here right now I can hardly think. Faugh.
Pictures to come soon....hopefully...
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment