Friday, July 28, 2006

Late night revelations

I made browies the other night....more like yesterday morning because they didn't get done until 1am. I followed a recipe but I added like an extra cup of chocolate chips so they are really really really double double chocolate brownies. So good. I fell asleep waiting for them too cool and woke up at like 2am. I then put them away, went to bed, and didn't wake up for 12 hours. Gah! I'm crazy!

I'm also starting work on my "halloween" costume. I don't really celebrate halloween, (Actually, I might go into that at a later time....) but our bible quiz team always has a dress up party in late October and it's alway lots of fun. Plus, it's an excuse to make a fun costume. =D
Anyway, I'm going as Toph from Avatar. Here's a picture of what she looks like. She's a little blind earthbender and she's totally awesome! I know what you're probably thinking: "It's only July! Why are you talking about October, Kaitie?" Well, this is going to be my first ever sewing project and I want it to come out good. I was up late the other night drawing sketches of the costume and looking for clothing patterns online. It's been a blast so far and I haven't even started sewing yet.

On a side note, we watched "My Neighbor Totoro" last night. (Mostly called just Totoro.) Anyone who has seen that before gets 25 cool points. It's such a great funny and happy movie. I love it. I hadn't seen it for a long time but I pulled it out today. I love Myazaki films!

No comments: