Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Thanksgiving

Yesterday we upacked the thanksgiving box. It was brimming with holiday goodness. Mom asked me to unpack it so I went to work pulling one thing after another out of it: Pillows, tablecloths, napkins, stickers, and easter bunny hat (how'd that get in there?), wooden toys, candles and banners from the Kirsten play. (Man, those brought back funny memories.)

Then at the bottom of the box was the indian corn and papers. One of these papers talked about a certain thanksgiving tradition. The passing of corn around the table and giving thanks. As I looked at the paper I thought about all the things in the past I'd thanked God for at thanksgiving; usually something simple like: I'm thankful for my family, or I'm thankful for this food. Which were both true, but, just a preprepared speech. I started thinking about the things I'm truly thankful for and lost count after a few minutes. God is so great and we should remember it more then a few times a year during holidays. Just a thought to take with you through the holiday season.

This wasn't going to be a serious post when I started out.

4 comments:

Beth said...

i love your blog kaitie it's very cheerful.

Kaits said...

Thank you.

this is my first comment in 4 posts.

:D

Beth said...

well people are lazy i read a lot of people's blogs and rarely comment.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

woo. =D