Yes, a question asked far too many times. And it seems to always be accompanied with 5 or 6 others...
What's going to happen to me? Where is my life going? Who am I going to marry? Am I going to get married? How will this job turn out? We all have a million and a half questions that go through our heads. Why don't we leave things up to God? Why do we always have to know?
In the book of James, he says, "Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."
And in the book of Matthew Jesus tells us to not worry about tomorrow. If God took so much trouble to tell us not to try to know everything, maybe we should listen. We all want to be all-knowing, it's in our nature. We're all born with that wanting to be better then everyone else.
We're supposed to trust God! Not worry whether he'll pull through or not.
I guess that's all I had to say.....I've been thinking about those verses recently and had to put some thoughts down somewhere.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknoledge him, and he will make your paths straight." ~Proverbs 3:5-6
May God bless you in everything,
Kaitie
Monday, April 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment